is it safe to drink tap water from the bathroom?
is it safe to drink tap water from the bathroom? Drinking tap water from the bathroom is generally not recommended, even though the water comes from the same source as the kitchen tap. Here are a few reasons why it's best to avoid drinking bathroom tap water
Drinking tap water from the bathroom is generally not recommended, even though the water comes from the same source as the kitchen tap. Here are a few reasons why it's best to avoid drinking bathroom tap water:
Uncertain Purity Levels:
- Bathroom taps may not be regularly used for drinking water, and the water quality might not be tested or maintained to the same standard as kitchen taps. The plumbing fixtures and pipes in the bathroom may also introduce impurities or contaminants.
- Bathrooms are places where personal hygiene activities occur, and there's a higher likelihood of contamination from soaps, lotions, cleaning agents, and other personal care products that can affect water quality.
- The materials used for bathroom plumbing may differ from those used in the kitchen. Older plumbing systems may contain lead or other materials that can contaminate the water.
- The bathroom environment may be more prone to bacteria and other microorganisms due to its function. Water in the bathroom taps could potentially be at a higher risk of bacterial contamination.
Risk to Children:
- Children may not always understand the difference between bathroom and kitchen taps, making it important to educate them about the safety of drinking water from appropriate sources.
It's best to use the kitchen tap for drinking water or install water filtration systems that treat water specifically for consumption. If you're concerned about water quality, consider using a water filtration pitcher, faucet filter, or under-sink water filtration system to ensure the water you consume is safe and of high quality. Always prioritize drinking water from a reliable and designated source.
Watertest Systems is based in South West Sydeny, Australia
If you are looking for bulk reagents or bulk chemicals please contact us on (02) 8488 7306 or click here for our chemical manufacturing page